Pasadena, TX asked in Criminal Law for Texas

Q: Im looking fir a criminal defense attorney gor my son hes 18 years old and deaf facing a serious charge and in jail

Hes is harris county they have reset several court date for lack of interpreter to talk to and for my son

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John Cucci Jr.
John Cucci Jr. pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Houston, TX

A: My office helps all handicapped people. There are a lot of good lawyers on Justia.

The court and his lawyer MUST accommodate your son, and the fact that they have not got him an interpreter is unlawful and shameful!

The defense lawyer is required to notify the court at least three days ahead of the next court appearance to get a "sign" interpreter.

You can contact my office by email or at my website. My office does jail visits and we attorneys are allowed to meet with our clients privately, with contact, if needed to communicate.

I hope this helps.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.