Denver, CO asked in Appeals / Appellate Law for Nebraska

Q: i believe i was wrongfully convicted and sentenced in 2014 in 2016 awarded appeal but never notified what can i do now

appeal was rewarded due to inability of affectiveness of counsel i was never notified due to being informed of denial by attorney which in fact was not true i was actually awarded my appeal and never knew

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Julie Fowler
Julie Fowler
  • Omaha, NE
  • Licensed in Nebraska

A: If you are successful on appeal, the Appellate court can do a number of things. For example, the appellate court can send back to the trial court for further hearing or the appellate court can issue a new final ruling without further hearing. What your options are depending on what specifically happened here.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.