Douglassville, PA asked in Traffic Tickets for Pennsylvania

Q: I got pulled over for going 76 in a 45 and revived a ticket. This is the first time I have been pulled over.

I am 18 years old this is the first time I have been pulled over I was nice to the cop he did not ask any questions after I handed him my information he just came back with a ticket explained it and left. If i plead not guilty would the judge reduce my speed so I would not receive points on my license or reduce the amount and for my insurance rates to not raise?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Maurice Mandel II
Maurice Mandel II
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Newport Beach, CA

A: Go to the website for the County Court in which you were issued the ticket. See what the bail is. You probably have at least 1 point on your record and your insurance can go up by $80 per month. Google search for a traffic ticket attorney in your area to assist you to get the fine reduced and the count lower.

You need to pay close attention to your speed, the 45 speed limit is in a zone where there is cross traffic and driveways, for safety reasons. 76mps is for limited access roads with no cross traffic. This is because people die in collisions at 76 mph, it could by you, your friends or your family. Drive carefully, it is very dangerous out there.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.