Cheney, WA asked in Probate and Real Estate Law for Washington

Q: Wa st. I own 2/3 of a property. The other 1/3 owner died, and left huge bill for nursing home. The estate went probate.

Dshs came forward when notice to creditors was recieved. The executor/representative of the will then withdrew. How do i obtain the other 1/3 of property thats in limbo? There is not a lien filed in the county of said property. Also no mortgage exists land is free and clear. Taxes are current.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN

A: If no will was probated, then hire a WA attorney to determine deceased's heirs. Then get heirs to quit claim their interest over to you, probably for money. Partition would be the last resort.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.