Jacksonville, AL asked in Car Accidents for Alabama

Q: I was ran off the road, and totaled my vehicle. The other person didn’t stop and I have no evidence they did it.

I know who ran me off the road and the exact vehicle they were driving. What do I need to do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: An Alabama attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for three weeks. If you didn't know who the person was, you could have explored the possibility of a UM claim - but it depends on the coverage of your policy, and many jurisdictions require physical contact in such claims. In terms of a lawsuit, the problem in these types of settings is that it's one person's word against the other's, and if it's an open road setting, video evidence is unlikely to be available. You could try to reach out to attorneys to try to arrange a free consult - or you could contemplate handling the claim yourself. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.