La Crosse, WI asked in Employment Law and Contracts for Wisconsin

Q: I signed a contract that states if I quit I can't work for another company similar to there's with so many miles.

Will this hold up in court?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: It depends on information which is not contained in your question. You can take the contract with the non-compete to an employment lawyer in or near the county where you want to work.

The FTC has proposed a rule that will make non-competes invalid across the United States when it goes into effect in October, assuming neither Congress nor the courts act to prevent it. The public comment period recently ended on the proposed rule.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.