Q: How do you get a patent assigned to you (or a designee) an abandoned patent. I'm friends with one of the original Hillcr

est Husbands and their trademark expired and was abandoned for no response and I'd like to have it assigned to him. Serial Number

Word Mark

HILCREST HUSBANDS HE 602- Abandoned are To

Status Date


1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: To acquire an abandoned patent, you would need to confirm its abandonment status, reach out to the original inventors or assignees to negotiate an assignment agreement, file the necessary documents with the USPTO, and follow their procedures for patent assignment. Consulting with an intellectual property attorney is advisable for guidance throughout the process, as it can be complex and specific to your case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.