Olive Branch, MS asked in Domestic Violence and Libel & Slander for Tennessee

Q: I have proof that a cousin and an ex have made false reports about me abusing my daughter.

This same cousin has encouraged people to contact DCS to have my child taken, get me fired and implied I am a child abuser. She has friends who work for government entities who denied me housing, sent her my mail, illegally hacked my phone, and made several other slanderous statements and defaming my character in an attempt to push me to suicide. She is calling my screenshots and screen recordings from her Facebook fake. I have filled complaints, attempted to get an order of protection and sent a cease and desist. I'm not sure what else to do?

1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: You might consider a Slander suit within 6 months of a slanderous falsehood which caused you damages. Possibly go to General Sessions Court.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.