Charlotte, NC asked in Medical Malpractice for North Carolina

Q: A doctor refused to do an xray, turns out my 2 year old bas a broken bone in leg.

My daughter (2) had an accident on trampoline. We took her to wakemed urgent care after calling to confirm they do xrays. The complaint we advised dr. Was, "2 days ago her older brother (7) boucned her too high and when she landed her left leg buckled and immediately started crying. Since she has refused to put any weight on her leg and complains that it hurts. The dr looked at her for 4 min and said he is not gonna do xray that we need to go to er. Wife took her to childrens raleigh as they recommended, upon checkin the lady asked if dr sent ymus and we told her the urgent care we went to, she sighed and said yea they send everyone here. After 4.5 hours and 2 xrays the dr determined she has a broken bone in lower leg. The otho folks werent available now we have to go to an ortho doc for a cast as all they could do was splint for the night and have to find ortho doc tomorrow for cast. Is there any compensation for the extra expenses because the urgent care dr wouldnt do xray?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: Given the limited nature of services available at an urgent care facility, I doubt you can successfully recover anything under the facts and circumstances. It is extremely common for an urgent care to refer a patient with a suspected fracture to a hospital ER for diagnosis and an orthopedic referral.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.