Albuquerque, NM asked in Criminal Law for Arizona

Q: Can I get another attorney from same law firm if first attorney has not doing what we've asked?

The court appointed attorney but he never returned calls or emails so we hired a law firm for my son and the attorney they appointed to him has not filed for a bond reduction that we had asked him to do 4 months ago. He just says he dont think they will lower bond. We are from out of state. My son has Never been in any kind of trouble what so ever. He graduated a month before his arrest hes always worked, Been in sports sinces 2nd grade. A good kid. Ive asked attorney if i should send character letters and medical records. I've had to learn the system, My son calls but never gets to talk to attorney. He has been in jail for 11 months now but we feel like we are not getting our money's worth, $25,000. I have to tell my son what is going on with his own case cause he has Never received any paper work only now that ive asked paralegal to send copies of minute entries. My son does not even know he has rights. My question is can we ask for another lawyer in same firm.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Dwane Cates
Dwane Cates pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Phoenix, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: The lawyer works for you. If you are not happy with your lawyer you need to communicate that to them and give them a chance to make things right. If nothing changes, You can ask the managing partner of the firm to give you a new lawyer. If they will not or you are not satisfied with their answer, you can fire the firm and hire a new lawyer. They would have to refund any unearned fees.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.