Asked in Small Claims for California

Q: Ok yo compreun refrigerador en 500 pesos al novio de una policia en el momento noestaba ay ella

Pero yono sabia k tubieron poblemasy ya no andaban pero yo page ahora la oficial me esta amenasando que kiere el refri y como es policia dice k me ba alevantar y esto y otro

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Maurice Mandel II
Maurice Mandel II
  • Newport Beach, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: You bought a refrigerator from the boyfriend of a police officer and now she says that she wants it back? But she is not offering you the money back? And she is what?? Your facts are incomplete. Naturally when you paid $500 you got a bill of sale from the boyfriend, right? So you have proof that you bought the fridge and how much you paid for it. In my opinion this is not a criminal act and the police officer cannot prosecute you for a crime, but police officers, reportedly, abuse their status and power every day, so I don't know what will happen to you. I would suggest you write to her and say that you are sorry about the misunderstanding but you will return the fridge if she returns the money that you paid for it. You need to consult an attorney in your local area that practices this kind of law. Thank you for using Justia Ask a Lawyer.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.