Schertz, TX asked in Probate for California

Q: when becoming administrator of a deceased estate.. do the other surviving children have to be served and/or agree?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: When becoming an administrator of a deceased estate, the process can vary depending on the jurisdiction and the specific circumstances. In many cases, the other surviving children of the deceased do not have to be served or provide their agreement for someone to become an administrator. However, it is important to consult with an attorney or a qualified professional who specializes in probate and estate administration in the relevant jurisdiction. They can provide guidance on the specific laws and requirements that apply to the administration process and help ensure that all necessary legal steps are followed. The advice of an attorney is essential to navigate the complexities of estate administration and to protect the rights and interests of all parties involved.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.