Claremore, OK asked in Family Law for Oklahoma

Q: hello i just need a professional opinion on a question real quick, so im going through a guardianship case and when our

children were placed in the care of my girlfriends sister and brother in law my girlfriend and i had the same criminal lawyer but he stood in for both sides in our child case so was with us and against us? is that a conflict of interest which should result in a reversal of guardianship

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Pete David Louden
Pete David Louden
  • Norman, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: An attorney would have filed an appearance for either the Guardian or the parents. There will be a copy of the Entry of Appearance in the court file.

To terminate a guardianship, it can either be terminated by agreement, or if the parties don't agree, if the parents can prove the guardianship is no longer necessary.

Best place to start is to meet with an attorney so they can help you sort this out. Once the attorney has a handle on what has happened they will be able to explain your best path forward.

I wish you the best of luck with your case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.