Yukon, OK asked in Personal Injury and Real Estate Law for Oklahoma

Q: AT&T through a contractor, damaged our property. Can I ask for compensation for negligence/inconvenience/delay in payme?

A contractor layed cable for ATT underground in our neighborhood. They bored a hole and placed their cable through my sewer. We had a very difficult time getting to the damaged area so the cost exceeded our expectations. Now the contractor is delaying payment for actual damages. Also, they are saying that if there is a disagreement, we will have to use ATT's arbitration procedures. I want to tack on more damages if allowable.

1 Lawyer Answer
Maurice Mandel II
Maurice Mandel II

A: This sounds like a property damage case, why would there be arbitration? You are not suing ATT over services you contracted for them to provide? You are suing as a property owner for damages incurred by their negligence. This case arises under REAL PROPERTY DAMAGE/TRESSPASS law. You need to discuss with an attorney in your jurisdiction that specializes in this kind of law. Thank you for using Justia, Ask a Lawyer.

2 users found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.