Gulfport, MS asked in Child Custody for Mississippi

Q: I need to know about how to go about getting custody of my son

So my ex wife who me and my boyfriend were living with for about two months around this time last year along with my son she was pretty cruel to us she kicked us out so she could have my son and ever since then I have been begging her she slanders me I am also the birth mother I didn't abandon him he was snatched out of my arms by my ex wife the last time I saw him last year fast forward to now and I have been asking to see him everyday she won't tell me where she is currently living with my son and her new wife I have messages of her talking about planning this from the start of me being pregnant I have a lot of proof

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Melissa L Gardner-Ardoin
Melissa L Gardner-Ardoin
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Olive Branch, MS
  • Licensed in Mississippi

A: Your case is far too complicate to adequately answer your question in this forum. Additionally, I don't believe you have provided all information necessary. For example: if there is no court order giving your ex custody, and you are the birth mother, you could possibly gain assistance from local law enforcement to retrieve the child. Because your ex is also female I am guessing that she has not been adjudicated as a parent to the child, but you don't address this issue. The best advise for you is to hire an attorney to help you with this.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.