McLean, VA asked in Traffic Tickets, Car Accidents and Personal Injury for Virginia

Q: Fairfax VA - Searching for an attorney to take a case on a civil case in a car accident. Do you know of anyone ?

Oct 2022, both my siter and I got T-Boned by a driver with NO, DL, and NO Insurance. She had taken the car owned by her sister. We have reasons to believe that her sister know that she was taking the car out for drive since this was not the first time the ounger sistre 19 had done so in the past (non-documented person). Her sister is documented and owns a home in VA and has a Full-time Job. Our medical cost is in excess of $250,000 so far inlcuding loss of cars (2) which she T-boned. Car owner's insurance has already accepted fault . The older sister age 40 has several assests. We need a judgment for sister not calling the police each time the younger sister took the car out (if the older sister claims she did not know the car was driven by younger sister). We have enough proof to proof the oler sister know. Need help fast please.

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Virginia attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for a week, and you express urgency in your request for assistance. I'm sorry about your accident and the serious medical attention that it has resulted in. There are a number of issues here that an attorney will need to examine more closely here, one being your UM (Uninsured Motorist) coverage. Most law firms that handle such cases would offer a free initial consult. However, it could be difficult for attorneys here on the forum to respond to your request for an attorney - this site doesn't work like a referral service. You've probably already been making phone calls by now. If you're still searching for an attorney, you could look into the referral services of local and state bar associations, as well as the tab above, "Find a Lawyer." Those resources are outside this Q & A forum - any arrangements you make are between you and the law firms you reach out to. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.