St. Petersburg, FL asked in Family Law, Appeals / Appellate Law, Civil Rights and Domestic Violence for Florida

Q: I'd like to get information on obtaining a pro bono attorney for my case if possible.

I currently have a restraining order placed on me two years ago, but the other party has been contacted me, and even visited my apartment. I feel that the restraining order is unjustified,as the other party can't prove they fear for their life .

1 Lawyer Answer
Destardes Moore
Destardes Moore
  • Jacksonville, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: You may be able to file a Motion to Dissolve the Injunction. You should consult with an attorney regarding the specific facts of your case to determine if you meet the burden required to dissolve the injunction. Contact your local legal aid center for assistance.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.