Columbus, OH asked in Family Law and Child Support for Kentucky

Q: I've paid $600 a month for 9 years and my income has recently doubled, so has my CS. Anything I can do to fight this?

My ex doesn't work and lives in govt. housing, receives medical coverage from the state and receives food stamps. I pay for any extra costs she might incur, like medical expenses or clothes during the school year. She lives 3 hours away and we don't have a half way exchange point. I drive the full distance on Friday and Sunday, every other weekend. Sometimes she will meet 1/3rd of the way but I have to give her money for gas. I know she can't justify the $600 per month she's receiving now is going to the child, but it's going to support her living. He is 16 now.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: Make a motion to review child support and modify travel and parenting time in your divorce action.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.