Houston, TX asked in Criminal Law and DUI / DWI for Texas

Q: Im on a deferred adjudication case but tested positive on my second ua I’m going back to court what will happen

My community service supervision officer is sending me back to court in Brazoria county Texas for my second failed UA this is for my DWI Case/ possession case

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John Cucci Jr.
John Cucci Jr. pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Houston, TX

A: If you do not have a good lawyer, you better get one ASAP!

Brazoria County is notoriously strict with Deferred Adj. I would recommend getting in a drug treatment program before I go to court.

What will probably happen is that the benefit of the Def Adj., will be lost due to your failure to comply with terms.

That means the charges that the charges to which you pled guilty, will remain a conviction, and it will stay on your criminal record forever. You may be able to fix that with the instructions I stated above.

I hope you get the help you need, and the court keeps you on the deferred status.

Good Luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.