Atlanta, GA asked in Child Custody for Mississippi

Q: What visitation does the step mom have for my ex being deployed. He has no custody of our 10&13 year old?

My ex husb just left for deployed and has sense accused me of parent alienation because I havent sent the kids to his very recently married wife. They married 3 days prior to him mobbing. I know in MS step parents don't have rights and I'm ok with them going over if the want too. My oldest doest and my youngest does due to there being another sibling to visit and play with. This has only been a months time and I couldn't allow the first requested weekend due to us going on vacation.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Melissa L Gardner-Ardoin
Melissa L Gardner-Ardoin
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Olive Branch, MS
  • Licensed in Mississippi

A: The stepmother has no visitation rights. To send or not send the children to the stepmother for a visit is solely within your discretion. Your ex’s claim of parental alienation is without merit and meaningless.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.