Oklahoma City, OK asked in Divorce and Family Law for Kansas

Q: Ex-wife refuses to pay bills whats my next step?

Judge ordered my ex-wife to pay the electric bill in my name she ran up to 2400$, 1/2 of the phone bill and to sue her ex boyfriend for taking my USMC Items. What's my next step?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: Don’t fall in the trap of paying the electric bill or her half of the phone bill.

Let the utility provider discontinue service.

Then get new electric service only for your separate residence with a different electricity provider and new cell phone service only for your own cell phone with a different cell phone provider.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.