Billings, MT asked in Personal Injury for Montana

Q: What are my rights for invasion of privacy by anindividual in the state of Montana and Alabama?

How do I know if I have a case and how do I know what type of attorney to contact? At the very least it’s intentional infliction of emotional distress. Both parties gave information to another person of mine with the sole intent to maliciously destroy me or my life in someway. It’s not OK and it’s still continuing and I don’t know what my rights are but there has to be some thing that protects people from this.

there’s two people involved one is in Montana, which is the state I am located in and the other is in Alabama.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: Attorneys in the respective jurisdictions could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. I'm sorry for your ordeal. It looks like you already have an idea of the legal theories involved, as you mention invasion of privacy and intentional infliction of emotional distress. You could reach out to attorneys to try to arrange a free initial consult. However, many law firms may not readily handle such matters on a contingency basis. That could mean paying hourly fees to an attorney. You could see what attorneys say, in terms of whether such a matter is cost-effective to pursue. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.