Pittsburgh, PA asked in Divorce for Pennsylvania

Q: I've been divorced for 2 years. Was Married for 22. My x is very well off. He had done fraudulent things, hid money.

I receive $3500 in alimony that ends in two more years all the money that he hothead is now out and he is using it getting remarried vacationing all over the world and spending it like you used to when we were married. What can I do I deserve to get our alimony adjusted I think I don't know if I can could you help me with this answer?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kathryn Hilbush
Kathryn Hilbush
  • Media, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: Alimony is usually non-modifiable but it depends on what your property settlement agreement or equitable distribution order says. Please schedule a private consultation with a local attorney experienced in family law to review your alimony award and learn what options you might have.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.