Whitesburg, KY asked in Family Law, Election Law and Libel & Slander for Kentucky

Q: Hello, I am 64 and I am responsible for my 57 year old handicapped little brother. My son and daughter-in-law have been

My son and daughter in law have been psychologically and a little bit physically abusing us for years. They have neglected us horribly after promising to help us as we age.

They recently talked me into signing over my house and land to them and a couple weeks later had us evicted and put us on street. I have mental issues as well. what should we do? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: Contact Adult Protective Services and report the abuse. If you signed your land away without fair market value, that is a prime example of such abuse. Call and report it immediately.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.