Saraland, AL asked in Child Custody and Family Law for Alabama

Q: My 17yr old wants to live with me (father) and not their mom. Mother says she wants her to come back but child refuses t

I live in AL mother lives in GA

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Don Oliver Keene
Don Oliver Keene
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Dothan, AL
  • Licensed in Alabama

A: It sounds like you are in a difficult situation here. Unfortunately, we do not really have enough information here to really help you with this question. Some important context would be like whether or not there is a custody agreement or plan in place, and where was that plan ordered, in Alabama or in Georgia or somewhere else. Information such as that can help determine the appropriate answer.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.