Janesville, WI asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Domestic Violence for Wisconsin

Q: How do i make a case stronger when it comes to proving child abuse happening against my 2 year old from her dad

I filed a TRO for my daughter due to 3 witnesses stepping forward to abuse they saw, heard or were told about that was happening to my 2 year old. I took it to court but i lost the case and they told me i didn't have enough evidence and that spanking a child was not against the law. my child is being hurt and i want justice for her. how do i prove child abuse and convince witnesses to step forward for the sake of my daughter to prove her father is a danger to her while she is in his care. My ex was found guilty of Neglect, and the judge stated that he KNEW something happened to my daughter that day. but he just could not prove what actually happened to convict my ex.

1 Lawyer Answer
Jane E. Probst
Jane E. Probst
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Brookfield, WI
  • Licensed in Wisconsin

A: Sometimes, depending on the age of your child, the best thing to do is to find a therapist for your child. A Therapist is a mandatory reporter for abuse and would be able to have much more insight and credibility.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.