Denham Springs, LA asked in Traffic Tickets for Mississippi

Q: We live in Louisiana. My 16yr old son received 2 Disregard for Traffic Device tickets in MS at Scrapin the Coast.

1st ticket was given at a flashing red light, where an officer in her police vehicle was “controlling traffic.” As an inexperienced driver in a different city than he’s used to driving in, my son misunderstood the officer’s cues, went through the flashing red light and was cited for disregard for a traffic device.(06/23/23) 2nd ticket was given by a police officer that told my son “I think you ran a red light.” He was making a left hand turn. There was one vehicle in front of him. My son said when he began to make the left turn the light was green. When he was underneath it, it turned yellow. It never turned red while it was in his view. He asked my son if he ran the light and he replied, “No Sir.” The officer’s reply was, “well I believe you did.” My son was cited again for disregard for a traffic device. (06/25/23) Do I need a lawyer to keep these tickets off his record or should I call the court and ask for defensive driving course for one and legiency to move other to non moving

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Maurice Mandel II
Maurice Mandel II
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Newport Beach, CA

A: I recommend you contact several attorneys in your area that practice this type of law, as soon as possible. Thank you for using Justia ask a lawyer.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.