Biloxi, MS asked in Medical Malpractice for Mississippi

Q: Can I sue a practice for giving me the wrong diagnosis on an echo, saying I was fine when I needed heart surgery?

I had to persistently call and go up to the office for nearly 2 months in order to get the results of an echo done of my heart in January. When I finally insisted I was not getting off the phone until I talked with the nurse, she told me there were "no clinical findings", "everything was fine", and I was "good to go". Yesterday I happened across the actual results in my rheumatology clinical notes. I have 4 diseased areas of my heart that require surgery to repair.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joel Gary Selik
Joel Gary Selik
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV

A: See a doctor immediately.

If the failures of the health care providers were below the medical standard of care, and the delay caused by this caused or contributed to increased harm, there may be a case.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.