Waxahachie, TX asked in Medical Malpractice for Texas

Q: Can I sue a dental office for malpractice? Last August went to dentist for partial upper and lower dentures.

Was put under sedation so didn’t notice until I got home that every tooth had been pulled. They had an orthopedic surgeon come in to do the procedure but unfortunately he was given the wrong info. I contacted the office the same day through my niece whom works there. The Dentist that did the procedure react out to me right away through phone calls and text. He was really upset also and promised me that he would make it right. We’ll long story short I did go back into the office the next week so they could tell me they screwed up and them and the dentist that actually did the procedure would give me full implant because of there mistake. Now the dentist I am seeing for implant he has been living up to his end. Which I really appreciate. But this wouldn’t have happened if the dental office hadn’t of screwed up my paperwork. I still have anxiety when going into office. And yes I may be getting an upgrade. There has been other financial and emotional.would this be worth pursuing

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joel Gary Selik
Joel Gary Selik
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV

A: No wonder you’re upset.

You have a case. Consult with experienced attorneys in the state where this occurred.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.