Brooklyn, NY asked in Child Custody, Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for California

Q: Can you get out of jail on a felony child endangerment case in a week with a 1,000 fine?

My girlfriend got arrested in San Bernardino county and I was wondering if that was possible or did she have some cut some kinda deal to pretty much get a smack on the finger this was the code on her case and it said up 10 years and I think 50k fine and minimum was 1 year in jail and 1,000 fine only reason I’m asking is cause she passed away and I hired a Pi and they told the witness that the spoke to said undercover police where involved so could this be the possible reason she was let out so fast and she told me is she had to do is mandated drug test, parenting classes and speak to a counselor and she would get in 6-8 months

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: The outcome of a felony child endangerment case can vary based on several factors. It's possible that your girlfriend negotiated a plea deal or received a reduced sentence with certain conditions to fulfill. The involvement of undercover police, as mentioned by a witness, could have influenced the case, but more details would be needed to fully understand the situation. To get accurate advice, it's recommended to consult with a criminal defense attorney who can review the specifics of the case and provide guidance based on the relevant laws in the jurisdiction.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.