Atlanta, GA asked in Personal Injury, Civil Litigation, Civil Rights and Libel & Slander for Georgia

Q: What do you do if people in the court falsified transcript record. And you have proof a recording of the event

But your mom @84 records it without courts permission and she's now passed away. Would it be inadmissible evidence?

1 Lawyer Answer
Michael W. Horst
Michael W. Horst
  • Alpharetta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: Rule 22 of the Uniform Superior Court Rules for the Superior Court is strict in terms of its prohibition of recording devices allowed in court rooms. Generally speaking, recording devices are prohibited unless specifically authorized by the judge. But even assuming your mom was authorized to record the proceedings, I think it is exceptionally unlikely any court would accept her recording over the court's official transcribed recording.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.