Soldotna, AK asked in Divorce and Real Estate Law for Alaska

Q: How do I remove my girlfriend from the deed to our house we bought together?

We bought it together, money may have come from both accounts, but it all originated from my paychecks, as she made next to nothing during that time, and continued to make next to nothing until very recently. We don’t want to live together, and neither of us are willing to leave. Obviously this mutual exclusivity has to end some how, and I assume neither of us will be amicable and leave cooperatively and only if court ordered. I understand it’ll go to court and a judge will decide who will be removed and who will stay. I’m curious as to what he’ll base his judgement off of, and what all potential outcomes are if neither of us decides to cooperate.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: You will probably need to hire an AK attorney to file an action for a Sale For Partition.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.