Phoenix, AZ asked in Traffic Tickets for Arizona

Q: I have court tomorrow for a traffic citation and I’m out of town. What should I do?

I have court tomorrow for a traffic citation (unsafe lane change) I request a continuance last week and haven’t heard back. I am currently unable to make it to court tomorrow because I am out of town for work. I’ve called the court and the city clerks they both said they can’t do anything and check back Tomorrow. What should I do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Maurice Mandel II
Maurice Mandel II
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Newport Beach, CA

A: Call in the morning about 10 minutes before your appearance time. Check the court's website for the courtroom that you are assigned to and be sure that you are speaking with that courtroom's clerk. Is isn't a city clerk, it is a courtroom clerk. Or hire a traffic ticket attorney. You should contact an attorney practicing in this area of law right away. Thank you for using Justia ask a lawyer.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.