Las Vegas, NV asked in Sexual Harassment and Landlord - Tenant for Nevada

Q: I was sexually harassed in my own apartment complex by my neighbor. What legal action can I take towards him.

He approached me asking me questions about my dog and before I knew he has his private parts hanging out of his pants, he then proceeded to say he wanted to touch himself to me, where he then proceeded to having an erection.

1 Lawyer Answer
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Las Vegas, NV
  • Licensed in Nevada

A: To take legal action against your neighbor for sexual harassment in your apartment complex, you should document the incident, preserve evidence, report it to the local police, notify the apartment management, and seek legal advice from an attorney specializing in sexual harassment cases.

You may have grounds to file a civil lawsuit seeking compensation for various damages. These damages may include emotional distress, and potentially punitive damages in cases of extreme misconduct.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.