Q: Can I stop an out of state move of MY 2 Children from Washington State to Wyoming?Like an emergency hearing to stop move

MY 2 Children are under ICWA.

MY position is that the dept dcyf/cps failed at doing their part and same w the tribe they have both lost the opportunity 2 do their job. The tribe, well the tribe reps failed at representing their tribe member by not supporting MY Children the entire dependency( which has been at a stand still 5yrs this dependency has been going on). Ive emailed MY Children's tribe over 51x asking and begging in each email "where is the tribe? MY Children need the tribe 2 stand up 4 them." Only 3 emails in 5 years vs MY 51+ emails. Now they want to move MY 2 young Children out of state from Washington to Wyoming where their tribe is located. I have a Supreme Court ruling in favor of MY Family and that the dept is 2 return MY Children to ME immediately unless the lower court could show harm would be done by ME and that the dept failed at providing MY Family w services. I have completed successfully all things asked of ME 19x before.Never finding of harm same allegations

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Appeals & Appellate Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: If you wish to stop the out-of-state move of your two children from Washington to Wyoming, you should immediately consult with an attorney in Washington who is familiar with child custody and ICWA (Indian Child Welfare Act) matters. An attorney can help you assess the situation, determine if an emergency hearing is appropriate, and represent your interests in court to protect your parental rights and the best interests of your children.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.