Detroit, MI asked in Health Care Law and Medical Malpractice for Michigan

Q: Can I sue my previous hospitals and current one as well for telling me during surgery to not have more children?

Okay in 2019, 2020, and 2023 I have been told with all three of my children after and before giving birth to them I could no longer have children, with no concrete evidence other than their rather dim few of my race, assuming I had more than one father, or because I in the poverty line. When I was in surgery in each C-section, I received the surgeons or nurses would say to me while heavily sedated that I need to get on birth control, and most recently while under the knife my OBGYN kept saying I need to get a hysterectomy or have my tubes tide. Because I scar tissue damage, I have asked they write this down but they never gave me such advice on paper. This has been told to me while was pregnant putting emotional and mental strain on me while was I pregnant with my child. I believe honestly, they was bias and even though I am married to my children's father who currently works and did so all during each pregnancy I feel humiliated and vulnerable and really depressed.

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Michigan attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. I'm sorry for the way you were treated. There is lots of information to sort through here, and a starting point could be to discuss the matter in more detail with an attorney. You could try to arrange a free initial consult with attorneys in Michigan. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.