Clermont, FL asked in Landlord - Tenant for Florida

Q: Legal recourse for persistent upstairs neighbor noise? Property manager and police involvement unsuccessful. Next steps?

For over two months, my neighbors have been consistently engaging in disruptive activities, including random stomping and running, resulting in significant noise disturbances throughout the day. Despite my numerous attempts to address the problem, such as contacting the property manager through various channels (email, phone, and in-person communication), the issue remains unresolved. I have provided evidence of the noise disturbances to the property manager, who has acknowledged the problem but has failed to take any effective action to mitigate it. Moreover, I have escalated the matter by involving the police on two occasions, but the noise disruptions persist unabated.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tiffani K. Thornton
Tiffani K. Thornton
  • Landlord Tenant Lawyer
  • Tampa, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Depending on the terms of your lease agreement and additional circumstances, you may have a claim for breach of the covenant of quiet enjoyment. I generally recommend seeing an attorney about issuing a formal demand for resolve then reviewing if it makes sense proceed with a termination or litigation.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.