Phoenix, AZ asked in Child Support for Arizona

Q: Child support

I have not gotten my child support this month at all, and the Child Support Division says his place of work has not sent them any payments for this month at all. My son is almost 17 yrs old. I was told he could have quit his job or went to work for a new employer. How am I supposed to find out what is going on? When he did not get what he wanted in our child custody case, he stopped all contact with me and my son. I have attempted to email him with no response, defying the court order to respond to each other.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Stephen M Vincent
Stephen M Vincent
  • Scottsdale, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: I'd start by calling his employer and ask them if he still works there.

If they're not willing to talk to you, you can subpoena them and ask them to provide the other parent's dates of employment and recent pay stubs.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.