Saint Paul, MN asked in Consumer Law, Personal Injury and Civil Litigation for Minnesota

Q: I have a pending settlement with the boyscouts of America. But I need money now. And my attorney doesn't allow

Pre-settlement loans. Is there anything I can do? Or do you know any company they doesn't require a attorney signature. Because I have the paperwork necessary to prove that I am apart of the settlement.

2 Lawyer Answers
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: If your attorney does not permit pre-settlement loans and you need immediate funds for your pending settlement with the Boy Scouts of America, there are still options to explore. Begin by discussing your financial urgency with your attorney and exploring alternative solutions together. Additionally, you can research financial institutions that specialize in pre-settlement funding or lawsuit loans, as some may have different requirements and not require an attorney's signature. You may also consider looking into other potential sources of financial support, such as nonprofit organizations or local community resources.

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: This could be something to discus in more detail with attorney - they are often contacted in these situations with questions about the case. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.