Kernersville, NC asked in Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice for North Carolina

Q: Can I sue for not being sedated for a procedure?

In cataract surgery one remains awake but is heavily sedated. I was told take this would be done, but they never sedated me. They wrapped both arms (including my IV access) and restrained me. I exclaimed more than once that I had not been sedated, Still, they drilled into my eye causing severe terror and anxiety. I feel that this was an egregious violation. Can I sue?

1 Lawyer Answer
N'kia (NLN)
N'kia (NLN)
  • Cary, NC
  • Licensed in North Carolina

A: First, I am so sorry to hear about this experience.

Yes, you might have a viable claim against the doctor or medical practice. You could search the directory and reach out to attorneys about evaluating and handling your case. (This page is only for Q&A's, not for connecting with attorneys directly.)

Also, you might consider tagging this question under "Medical Malpractice."

Good luck and speedy recovery to you!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.