New Orleans, LA asked in Environmental, Landlord - Tenant and Personal Injury for Louisiana

Q: What should I do about living with mold and rodents. I deal with a strong wet Mildew Horrible smell Throughout My Apt.

I Also Have Laundry Backed Up, Due To the dryer keep going out on me & washer fills with water for no reason. I Made Multiple Complaints For Months Now They Haven’t Did Anything But Take Pictures & Tell Me Someone Going To Come But Never Do.

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Environmental Law Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Louisiana attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. If you suffered illness or health effects, you could try to arrange a free initial consultation with a personal injury attorney. Unfortunately, many law firms are reluctant to handle mold cases. Retain any medical documentation regarding doctor visits or ER visits. As for issues related to your rights on the lease, habitability, and your options there, a landlord-tenant should advise. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.