Burbank, CA asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for California

Q: Hello, My nephew is a convicted sex offender in Ohio Crime: 2907.321 - Pandering Obscenity Involving a Minor.

I am trying to get the specifics of this offense. I only have the information from the sex offender registry and his name. Is this information publicly available? I searched on PACER to no avail. How might I go about this? Thank you!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: The specifics of a criminal offense, including the charges and details of the case, are generally considered public records and may be accessible through the appropriate Ohio law enforcement agencies, court records, or online databases. You may need to visit the local courthouse or contact the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation to obtain this information. However, keep in mind that accessing criminal records should be done in accordance with applicable laws and regulations to protect privacy rights.

James L. Arrasmith

Founder and Chief Legal Counsel of The Law Offices of James L. Arrasmith

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.