Q: How can I get a rehearing or appeal decision for involuntary tpr hearing or transfer case to the state I live in now?

My attorney withdrew at my tpr hearing but right were terminated. My kids attorney had excused absence. My kids were taken by cps because I kept reporting that I was domestically abused. I tried to flee abuse by moving to a different state where he located me 2 weeks after I arrived. Then, cps claims I wouldn't comply with case plan but they wouldn't provide details such as, time, date, location of classes I needed to take. The evidence I have proving I wasn't neglectful to my children was never presented. I need to switch venues now that I have had to move yet again to try to flee from abuser which made it more difficult for me to be present for tpr hearing. The state of Georgia, thomas county specifically, is legally stealing children from parents with low incomes so they can get government funding. I have evidence but who and how can I present this to stop them? Please help me cuz everyone acts like I'm crazy. How can it be best interest to keep kids away from family that loves them

1 Lawyer Answer
Alake Colwell Furlow
Alake Colwell Furlow
  • Dacula, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: I would advise you to have a consultation with an attorney. This isn't a place where you can get information on complex issues regarding a case that has already been adjudicated. See a lawyer in person and I would take a copy of my file with me.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.