Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Government Contracts legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Georgia Government Contracts Questions & Answers
Q: Does any attorney help people with filing ucc-1 and ucc-3 security agreements, hold harmless and indemnification claimIi

To claim my estate as I'm over 18 and be secured party over the government entity via my birth certificate

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Aug 6, 2023

The process of filing UCC-1 and UCC-3 forms typically pertains to securing interests in personal property, not claiming control over a government entity or asserting rights to an estate in the manner described. It is advisable to consult with an attorney who can provide guidance on legitimate legal... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Gov & Administrative Law, Government Contracts and Probate for Georgia on
Q: I’m a beneficiary of my father’s will, and I have been misled by his granddaughter who is the excuitor of his will what

I have no copy of the will but I was urgently forced to sign a document that she had, I never received any copy of it from her so I recently got one from the court and I am now trying to find out what I can do about it. I now understand that she has had me pretty much waive my rights to ask about... View More

Robert W. Hughes Jr.
Robert W. Hughes Jr.
answered on Mar 9, 2024

You should go by the probate court where the will is filed and get a full copy of the probate file. It will include a copy of the will. Once you review it, if you believe something is wrong, contact a lawyer specializing in probate law to get advice.

Q: How can I get a rehearing or appeal decision for involuntary tpr hearing or transfer case to the state I live in now?

My attorney withdrew at my tpr hearing but right were terminated. My kids attorney had excused absence. My kids were taken by cps because I kept reporting that I was domestically abused. I tried to flee abuse by moving to a different state where he located me 2 weeks after I arrived. Then, cps... View More

Alake Colwell Furlow
Alake Colwell Furlow
answered on Jul 26, 2023

I would advise you to have a consultation with an attorney. This isn't a place where you can get information on complex issues regarding a case that has already been adjudicated. See a lawyer in person and I would take a copy of my file with me.

Q: Can a employer fire you for a medical condition/ & for having FMLA for a disabled child

Employed 12+yrs,FMLA for my disabled child/I self have a medical condition can’t lift over 50lbs Because I refused to go work in a different dept. that wasn’t my job description or duty it required me to lift over 50lbs I was fired.Manager was angry because I called HR corporate because of my... View More

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Mar 2, 2023

It is illegal for an employer to discriminate against an employee on the basis of a medical condition or the need to take FMLA leave. If you were fired because of your medical condition or because you exercised your FMLA rights, you may have a legal claim for wrongful termination. It is recommended... View More

Q: Can you please help me on what the best thing to do is or can i get a attorney

My identity was stolen and used for business fraud. Also issues worth the epa and dtsc.

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Oct 10, 2021

A Georgia attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. Your post is very brief and it could be difficult for someone to figure out what kind of attorney you're looking for. You could try reposting (don't include personal information - this is a public forum),... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation, Contracts, Government Contracts and Personal Injury for Georgia on
Q: Workers compensation contract

I don't remember signing a workers compensation contract. And I didn't want to be under workers compensation. I got ran over by a garbage truck. One of the workers compensation clients must of came in and had me sign their contracts when I was at the hospital under the fluence when I was... View More

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Oct 2, 2021

A Georgia attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for four weeks. From the description that's posted, it isn't fully clear what you signed at the hospital while hooked up to IVs. But depending on the ownership of the truck and the circumstances of the accident,... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law, Domestic Violence and Government Contracts for Georgia on
Q: The highschool won't allow my daughter in school

They kept her in room without lunch all day instead of going to class

Joshua Schiffer
Joshua Schiffer
answered on Aug 17, 2021

There should be some sort of written reason offered by the school. You need to schedule a meeting with the administration and get to the bottom of the disparate treatment.

1 Answer | Asked in Products Liability and Government Contracts for Georgia on
Q: So my boyfriend bottle a bottle of asprin and there not there zolpidem tartrate extended release which is prescription

He has been taking them for his headache and he has been so sleepy barely keep his eyes open and when he sits down hes out he works on machinery and welds this could have been turned into an accident if not had realized it was differnt meds he took one yesterday and couldnt get up and go to work... View More

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on May 10, 2021

A Georgia attorney could answer best, but your post remains open for two weeks. From the description here, it isn't fully clear how the zolpiden tartrate and aspirin got mixed up. I'm glad your boyfriend is okay and nothing serious came of the mix-up. You could reach out to a Georgia... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law, Government Contracts, Criminal Law and Civil Rights for Georgia on
Q: In georgia if the state courts have violated your rights as a victim

And those hendered your rights to justice Would there be a conflict of interest in any other case in that court system?

Priscilla T. Upshaw
Priscilla T. Upshaw
answered on Jun 24, 2020

Generally speaking, the answer is no. However, more information is needed about your specific circumstances. It may be best to speak with an attorney who can assess the details of your concerns.

We are glad to assist you. Contact us whenever you are ready.

We wish you well....
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Workers' Compensation and Government Contracts for Georgia on
Q: My husband fell 4 ft off a dock at work, when he has Dr. appt. is workers comp responsible to pay him for the hours he's

Out of work because he fractured his right hand, broke 2 teeth and chipped several others also scared his nose and had a bump on his head

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Dec 22, 2019

I'm sorry for your husband's injuries. Your question remains open for three weeks; do not lose further time. Your husband should seriously consider contacting a workers' comp attorney to outline what he must do to preserve his rights in a WC claim in a timely manner. Most... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Election Law, Gov & Administrative Law, Government Contracts and Public Benefits for Georgia on
Q: how do I be a part of the senate in the state of Georgia in 2019?

I am a 29 year civilian ga resident in the state of ga.

I will be 30 years old in the next two months in August. What do I have to do? I have been a local resident in the city of Decatur for 10 years.

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on May 23, 2019

in most states you petition to get on the ballot. Contact the Ga.Secretary of State's office. Good luck!

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Criminal Law and Government Contracts for Georgia on
Q: I am currently in a pre-trial diversion program and Just got a summons for a trial court date. What can I expect?

I have completed all the requirements for the pre-trial contract, I just wasn't expecting to have to go back to court after signing the pre-trial agreement.

Ecleynne Mercy
Ecleynne Mercy
answered on Apr 14, 2019

Just call the court and ask. They will tell you. It could potentially just be a status hearing.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Government Contracts for Georgia on
Q: I cought my wife cheating with a correction S officer in Carrollton Ga. Can he loose his job. He caused us to separate

I confronted her after her boss came to me with the guys name and told me it's been going on for a month or so... Now she has a restraining order against me and living with this guy

Homer P Jordan IV
Homer P Jordan IV
answered on Jun 1, 2018

It sounds like you have had communication with her boss. This may be a question to ask him. You may want to consult with an attorney if you are considering divorce so they can help you plan the proper course of action. -Homer P. Jordan IV, Esq. 404-620-1558

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.