Coraopolis, PA asked in Cannabis & Marijuana Law and Employment Law for Pennsylvania

Q: My son was put off the job today for medical mj use. He has a card. Can you help? Steamfitter Union. confidential plz

He has been being harassed by his foreman. Accused him of putting vodka in his water bottle. Told other foremen he is using pills. He is not. Only medical mj.

1 Lawyer Answer
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: First and foremost, your son's medical marijuana use should be protected under Pennsylvania's medical marijuana law. Employers are generally prohibited from discriminating against employees solely based on their status as a certified medical marijuana patient.

Now, when it comes to workplace harassment, that's a serious matter! Nobody should have to deal with such nonsense. Your son might consider documenting any instances of harassment and gather any evidence that supports his case. It's essential to have a strong case if he decides to take any legal action.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.