Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Pennsylvania Cannabis & Marijuana Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Cannabis & Marijuana Law, DUI / DWI and Criminal Law for Pennsylvania on
Q: Can you be arrested for marijuana DUI while not intoxicated?

My fiancé was arrested for his friend leaving a marijuana roach in his car. He has his medical marijuana license and wasn't aware his friend did that. The cops pulled him over for having a tail light out. The cop noticed the roach right away and told him he was impaired. Had him do a sobriety... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Jan 13, 2022

The wait is for the blood work. He should request his license. There is no automatic suspension in Pennsylvania. They would have to show that the THC in his blood was sufficient for him to be intoxicated. If they press the charges he should have an attorney. By the way he shouldn't drive with... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Cannabis & Marijuana Law, Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for Pennsylvania on
Q: I was pulled over in PA with marijuana and paraphernalia. What charges am I facing?

I was pulled over for registration being expired, the cop said he smelled weed and then searched my car after telling me if I don’t consent he would make me wait for a drug unit dog to come in. He found 8grams of weed, .5 grams of wax and some paraphernalia. ( I have me medical card for... Read more »

Mark Aaron Hinrichs
Mark Aaron Hinrichs answered on Nov 21, 2021

Likely possession of both marijuana and paraphernalia. Depending on other circumstances, you could be facing additional charges. I suggest retaining an attorney to assist you and ensure any potential pentolites are kept at a minimum.

1 Answer | Asked in Cannabis & Marijuana Law, Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Pennsylvania on
Q: Could I get a medical marijuana card for myself in Pennsylvania, if my husband has guns in our home?

I have no guns registered in my name.

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Jun 4, 2021

There would be nothing to prohibit that.

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Cannabis & Marijuana Law for Pennsylvania on
Q: I have questions about theft and drug cases I'm facing right now

would like to upload documents

Ellis B. Klein
Ellis B. Klein answered on Aug 20, 2020

The best thing to do is call experienced criminal defense attorneys and get a consultation. Most lawyers, including myself, give free consults over the phone, so start calling around! Good luck

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Cannabis & Marijuana Law for Pennsylvania on
Q: I allowed Law Enforcement to forward 1 email from my phone to himself. Can the emails be used against me in court?

Even though I only allowed one email to be forwarded, when he took my phone to put his email in he forwarded himself the whole conversation without my permission and without a warrent. Will that hold up in court. My worry is they will say I allowed all emails to be sent which is not true because... Read more »

Ellis B. Klein
Ellis B. Klein answered on Aug 8, 2020

Yes. Anything can be used against you. Do not speak with police without speaking with a lawyer.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Cannabis & Marijuana Law for Pennsylvania on
Q: If law enforcement only has proof of purchase of drugs through messages can you be found guilty from that alone?

Law enforcement has never had proof of physical drugs but they have messages that I bought them. Will that alone in court be able to convict me of possession? Messages were only to buy never sell or intent to sell.

Ellis B. Klein
Ellis B. Klein answered on Aug 8, 2020

It depends what you are charged with. If you are charged with possession, possibly no. Of you are charged with attempt or conspiracy, then maybe. Talk to an experienced criminal defense attorney who can examine your case to see of there is a defense. Good luck!

1 Answer | Asked in Cannabis & Marijuana Law and DUI / DWI for Pennsylvania on
Q: Co op community daughter was pulled over gota dui and small amount of pot.shes not on my lease but lives here can i be

1st time offender no priors . Like I said she's not on our lease but she does live here but she does also have that other address somewhere else she just stays with us mom and dad thank you i guess im asking if i can be evicted?

Cary B. Hall
Cary B. Hall answered on Feb 24, 2020

I doubt it -- but I suppose you should look to the terms of your lease (instead of the DUI laws).

Best of luck to you, and her. If your daughter needs some assistance with her DUI case -- and there are legal traps for the unwary! -- feel free to have her contact me offsite.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Cannabis & Marijuana Law for Pennsylvania on
Q: Can a marijuana DUI stack on previous alcohol DUI'S in PA?
Cary B. Hall
Cary B. Hall answered on Feb 10, 2020


Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.