Columbus, IN asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights, Domestic Violence and Family Law for Indiana

Q: I was attacked by my wife and called the police. They came out I didn't press charges then but I would like to now. I

I have 911 audio recording while she was hitting me in the head and officers body cam footage of marks on my neck and back

1 Lawyer Answer
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV

A: If you were attacked by your wife, and you now wish to pursue charges, it's essential to take action promptly. You can contact your local law enforcement agency or the prosecutor's office to file a formal complaint or provide them with the evidence you mentioned, such as the 911 audio recording and body camera footage. Be prepared to provide a statement about the incident and any additional evidence you may have.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.