Shepherdsville, KY asked in Criminal Law and Divorce for Kentucky

Q: My question: How do I file for half of my ex's pension rewarded to me in the final divorce decree.

My final divorce decree awarded me half of all my ex's retirement investments...

But, during the discovery process of our divorce... My ex DID NOT disclose the pension fund... of which I have just recently been made aware of... Due to my ex having to move this pension fund by August 1st. So... First, since my ex DID NOT disclose this pension during the discovery prossess of our divorce ( of which the divorce has been finalized since 2018 ) ...and this pension fund has only now been discovered due to my ex having to move funds out of this pension...

Q1: ( Is this a contemptible offense that I may file contempt charges with the court system? )

...Causing my ex to reach out to me trying to get me to sign away my right to half of the pension fund. But, would NOT disclose the actual amount in said pension.

Q2: ( How or who can I legally contact for full disclosure of this pension fund and what will I need to do so? )

PLEASE, answer ASAP due to my ex relocate funds

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: Hire an attorney to file a QDRO (Qualified Domestic Relations Order) for you. If he concealed it’s existence, you probably can file for contempt and your attorney fees as well.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.