Beaver Dam, KY asked in Child Support for Kentucky

Q: I dropped the child support a year ago on my kid dad. Would it be hard to get it back? I live in kentucky.

Im a single mother of 1. He doesn't financially help me with anything. Hes in her life he sees her but he doesn't help me with things that she needs. I mean he will buy her stuff from time to time but he doesn't have a place. He lives with his mom. I have my own place and i pay my bills on top of making sure I get things she needs. He says my bills are not his bills and i get that. I never said they was but me being a single parent and working all my money literally goes to bills.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: No. Simply file a motion to reinstate child support in your case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.