Saint Paul, MN asked in Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury and Health Care Law for Tennessee

Q: Do I have to pay to have botched fillers dissolved? Should I sue?

I got 2 syringes of lip fillers September of last year which cost me 1,800 USD. A few weeks after recovery, I noticed a large pooling of filler to which my esthetician assured me was normal and to rub the nodule, and give it time. Over time, however, it grew worse. Recently, I have had the nodule drained by a nurse, because it was extremely infected. When I notified the surgical clinic, the staff told me that no one could help me for 3 weeks, and now I have had to quit exotic dancing because of my absence. If they charge me for correcting their mistake, there’s a large chance I will still be permanently scarred on my upper lip. I don’t want to have to pay, especially now that I’ve lost my job because of this, so what do I do if they try charging me for it anyway? What are my legal rights?

1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: If this is a TN case, then you are about to run out of time under the SOL. Health Torts require a Good Faith Claim Affidavit PRIOR to suit. Unless you find a malpractice lawyer immediately that can find someone to assert negligence, you have already lost. The potential damage award may not justify the expense of such a suit.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.